Develop a motivated, competent and proficient civil service
To ensure efficient service with integrity and timeliness and an inspired workforce that emphasizes a collaborative and innovative working tenet to support national development.
· To ensure a cohesive, collaborative and ‘‘whole of government approach" to problem solving and optimizing resources
· To create motivated, resilient, knowledgeable, competent and dignified civil servants
· To be ready for people-centric, proactive, prompt and responsive service delivery
· To develop dynamic, lean, agile, and highly capable organizations
1. Strong Institutional Framework
To facilitate a leaner and more agile Civil Service Commission through amendments to the Civil Service Act 2007 and additional legislative amendments that would pave way for a 'whole of government approach'.
2. Human Capital Development
To enhance capabilities, capacity, competency, skills and performance through professional training, improve pay, rewards and recognition systems to motivate civil servants to be high performers.
3. Empowered Organizations
To strengthen and institutionalize the decentralized civil service employment functions, deregulate civil service through regulatory framework and develop lean and efficient organizations that focus on productivity, innovation and creativity as well as deliver government policies effectively.
4. People Focused Service Excellence
To create a holistic approach to service excellence inculcating a proactive and responsive people focused attitude and provide innovative and creative civil service delivery mechanisms.
5. Inclusion and Collaboration
To increase inclusive engagement and encourage positive discrimination for women at decision making levels and establish partnerships with relevant national and international institutions.